ARWS Europe Championship 2022 Final
Trekking, kayaking, orienteering, mountain bike, climbing
Mariñas Coruñesas and Terras do Mandeo Biosphere Reserve
Assistance provided by the organization
AR WORLD SERIES
Race member of the AR World Series
European Adventure Racing Championship, belonging to the ARWS. Created for teams that want to experience an authentic race up close to the level of the world series but with a more affordable race distance and time and focused only on one weekend. https://arworldseries.com/europe/ .
The race will have a total of about 200km in which the most outstanding and remote places will be shown. It will have land parts for the mountain biking, trekking, rappelling sections and water parts for kayaking. You will visit the most important parts of the natural spaces and places of interest of the Mariñas Coruñesas and Terras do Mandeo Biosphere Reserve, which is made up of coastal areas, coastal valleys and interior mountains.
- Dates: October 8 and 9, 2022
- Place: Mariñas Coruñesas and Terras do Mandeo Biosphere Reserve
- Host city: Betanzos
- Distance: 200 approx.
- Race time: 20h for the winning team. Maximum 26 hours.
- Activities: Trekking, Kayak, Orientation, Mountain Bike, Rappel…
- Start of Registration May 9.
European Championship 4 mixed:
€500 per team until July 31
€600 per team from August 1 to 31.
- Transfers from Coruña airport.
- Entry free to the World Championship in 2023 for the winning team.
- 2 map set.
- Photographic and audiovisual report.
- GPS live tracking.
- No assistance. Assistance by the organization.
- Friday October 7: team transfers (ARWS Europe Championship) + team control
- Saturday, October 8 (10:00): team control + Start of the race
- Sunday, October 9 (1:00 p.m.): arrival of the last team (closing of the finish line)
- Sunday, October 9 (1:30 p.m.): award ceremony
- Monday October 10: team transfers (ARWS Europe Championship)
The Gallaecia Raid will be governed by the current ARWS regulations for adventure raid.